Why the Need for Home Security
- Each year there are over 2,500,000 home burglaries reported each year. In Austin, Texas there are over 7,000 home invasions reported each year.
- One-third of all burglaries happen through an open window or door. And the majority of those happen through the front and back doors.
- Summer months have the highest rate of home invasions.
- If you do not have a security you are 300% more likely to be burglarized.
- Every 13 in the U.S. a home gets burglarized.
- Over 30% of all residential assaults are a result of home invasion 85% of all home invasions are committed by people who are desperate or dangerous. Only 15% are committed by “professionals”. This is why invasions lead to so many assaults; most people are nervous and are reactionary.
- Most home burglars are looking for small items such as jewelry, laptops, cameras, small electronics, cash and prescription drugs.
- Most burglaries happen during the daytime; this is because it is when home owners are at work, school or running errands.
- There are several benefits that you will receive from having a home security system. Below is just a few that will help you keep your property and your family safe.
What Home Security Can Prevent
- A security system drastically increases the potential of the burglar being caught. Since most burglars are not professionals, they will bypass the homes that have home security systems in them.
- The audible horn or siren that sounds is a strong deterrent of most intruders.
- Alarms call a monitoring station who will call the local police when it goes off. This can save your family and possessions if you are not home or cannot get to a phone.
- Your security system can be linked to fire alarms, flood sensors and carbon dioxide sensors. Which will alert your and the authorities in case of an emergency.
- Most importantly, security systems give you the peace of mind you need of knowing your family and your home will be taken care of. You can leave and know someone is watching out for your home.